Bollywood diva Ankita Lokhande recently went to Greece for a dreamy vacation. We caught up with the actress to unveil her travel bucket list and holiday fashion essentials. Scroll down now! By Kumar Shree
1. What kind of a traveller are you?
Travelling means learning to me. Wherever I go, I need to learn and see new things. I am an explorer at heart and I love to dig up history of places that I get to visit.
2. What’s your favourite travel destination?
Till now I haven’t seen much, but I’m really looking forward to go to Fiji as I’ve heard there are a lot of good beaches there.
3. Any more destinations on your travel bucket list?
I really want to go to Scotland because I have heard a lot about it, and I’m planning to go there soon.
4. What are the things you love doing when you’re travelling?
I love to try different kinds of local cuisines when I am travelling. And, I really enjoy shopping, too.
5. Favourite travel companion?
There are a few friends and family members with whom I enjoy travelling.
6. Do you like adventure trips or relaxed itineraries?
I love adventure trips because it is so much more fun. Even though relaxed trips after hectic work schedules feel great, I like doing more adventurous stuff while holidaying.
7. Do you plan your trips in advance, or are you a spontaneous traveller?
I do both. I plan my trips in advance and I’m also a spontaneous traveller. When I plan, I really dig deep into the tiny details and ensure that everything [right from the stay to the dresses] is sorted out well. But, spontaneous trips are more fun because you don’t know where you are going next. You just grab your bag and go.
8. Top five favourite destinations in India?
I would say Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kedarnath, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh. I’m from Madhya Pradesh and there are really good places here like Maheshwar and Mandaw.
9. Top five favourite foreign cities?
New York, London, Switzerland, Mauritius and Maldives.
10. Favourite cuisine?
I really love Indian food. I like Italian cuisine, too.
11. Your go-to shopping destination?
Singapore and Dubai.
12. If you could pack only five things for a vacation what would they be?
Camera, phone, bikinis, a backpack and beautiful dresses.
13. Do you enjoy solo travelling?
Not really! I love to have my family around when I am on a vacation. But sometimes, I can just go to Lonavala and sit there soaking in all the fresh air.
14. What does luxury travel mean to you?
For me it means complete relaxation. I am talking about a great room with a fantastic view, and of course, rejuvenating spa sessions. Luxury to me is comfort.
15. While travelling in India during summers, what are the top five things you would carry?
Umbrella [most important], sunglasses, sunscreen, a bottle of water and a cap or a hat.
Related: Guess Where Did Ira Dubey Go For Her First Beach Holiday? Hint: We Love…