If you’re a young Indian who wants to work in the UK, the sovereign state’s latest scheme is for you. The government there is inviting 2,400 visa applicants from India under the UK-India Young Professionals Scheme.
The visa scheme will allow Indians aged between 18 and 30 to live and work in the UK for up to two years. However, you will have to be selected in the ballot before you can apply for the visa.
All you need to know about the new UK visa scheme
The first Young Professionals Scheme ballot will be open from 14:30 IST on 28 February to 14:29 IST on 2 March.
Read more about eligibility and how to apply: 👉 🔗 https://t.co/1XQoE66dAV #IndiaYPS #LivingBridge pic.twitter.com/zR4pnYo8PO
— UK in India🇬🇧🇮🇳 (@UKinIndia) February 21, 2023
The first ballot is free to enter and will open on February 28 at 2:30 pm (IST). Candidates who are unsuccessful the first time will be able to apply in the next ballot (tentatively scheduled for July), according to the information shared by British High Commission in India.
To be eligible, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You should be an Indian national or citizen aged between 18 and 30.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree qualification or higher (Regulated Qualifications Framework level 6, 7 or 8).
- Have at least GBP 2,530 (INR 2,52,544) as savings, to be able to support yourself in the UK.
- You should not have any minors financially dependent on you.
Once you’re eligible, enter the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot. If picked up in random selection, you will get an invitation to apply for a UK visa. Then, get all the documents you need, and fill out the form. Be sure to stick to the deadline given in your invitation (usually 30 days after you receive the invite). However, take note that you will need to travel to the UK within six months of applying for the visa.
Documents needed to apply for the visa
You will need:
- A valid passport or another document that proves your identity and nationality
- Bank statements or other evidence that shows you have at least GPB 2,530 (INR 2,52,544) in your account
- Evidence of your educational qualifications
- Your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re living in India (or any other listed country)
- A police report or clearance certificate from India
The application fee costs GBP 259 (INR 25,860) along with a GBP 940 (INR 93,850) healthcare surcharge, in addition to the abovementioned savings that need to be there in your bank account.
Hero and Featured Image credit: Krzysztof Zając/Pexels
Related: Japan Announces New Visas To Attract Top Global Talent