Reaching destinations in Bengaluru within 20 minutes is like an unbelievable thought for people living in the city. And, to turn this into a believable reality, the IT Capital of India is about to have an intra-city helicopter service which will transport people from Kempegowda International Airport in the north to Hosur in the southeast of the city, reducing the travel time from 3-4 hours to just 15-20 minutes!
Intra-City Helicopter service Bengaluru: Dates & Routes
Intra-City Helicopter service FlyBlade India is projecting to join the Bengaluru International Airport to Hosur Aerodrome as part of its development plan for its intra-city helicopter services. People will have complete access to the services from October 10, 2023. The onward journey from the airport will be scheduled during the morning hours. People who will be taking the service from Hosur will have access to evening flights. Travellers availing the services to commute to the City Center from the airport will reach within 15 minutes.
Intra-City Helicopter service: Cost, Timings & How to book
- Flights can be booked like any regular air ticket on the app or the official website of FlyBlade with an initial cost of INR 6,000 per person.
- Additionally, BLADE has multiplied its regular flights between the BLADE helipad adjacent to the airport to Bengaluru’s City Center with three flights a day from 8:45 am to 10:45 am and return journeys between 3:45 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Furthermore, after you’ve successfully booked a service, you’ll receive a flight confirmation email with all the links.
- You’ll then receive a call from their Flier Relations Team and they will further assist you with baggage transfers and other queries.
Here’s how you will have a smooth flight experience of 15-20 minutes in Bengaluru
- The arrival or departure status of travellers who have booked the service will be thoroughly checked by an experienced team member of BLADE.
- The international or domestic flight details will be minutely tracked for a hassle-free transfer. In case of any delay of the commercial flights, it will be accordingly communicated to the BLADE services to make sure travellers still have access to it.
- The confirmation email will have all the required details including how to reach the BLADE car on arrival at the airport.
- The car will then transport the travellers to and from the BLADE lounge within a few minutes depending on the journey.
- On arriving at the BLADE lounge, passengers will be briefed about their flights and will be given refreshments before taking off.
Usually, it takes around three to four hours for people in Bengaluru to travel from the International airport to their respective destinations by road. The city is not only known for its well-built establishments but also for having tremendous traffic. The heavy congestion is the only reason it costs a lot of time to reach places in and around the city. But by the end of this year, commuters will be able to have a hassle-free travelling experience.
Hero and Feature Image Credit: FlyBlade
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer: The cost of booking an Intra-City Helicopter ride in Bengaluru will be INR 6,000 per person.
Answer: 1. The Intra-City Helicopter ride in Bengaluru can be booked like any regular air ticket on the app or the official website of FlyBlade with an initial cost of INR 6,000 per person. 2. Furthermore, after you’ve successfully booked a service, you’ll receive a flight confirmation email with all the links. 3. You’ll then receive a call from their Flier Relations Team and they will further assist you with baggage transfers and other queries.