Goa is set to become WAY more fun and unbelievably ambient come March for that is when this year’s Goa Carnival is scheduled. Cultural extravaganza, musical delights, and a riot of colours – Goa Carnival is all that and more and you wouldn’t want to miss this! To get you planning your trip right away, we’ve assembled all the information you need right in one place. All you have to do is book those tickets and make sure no friend gets to back out (if you know what we mean). By Shubhanjana Das
Goa Carnival 2019 is scheduled for 2nd to 5th of March this year.
History Of The Carnival:
Now, we all know that Goa is a state, which is full of mirth and is known for its readiness to party and make merry, no matter what time of the year it is. However, this particular carnival’s history goes all the way back to 500 years ago in 1510 when the Portuguese rulers arrived in Goa. It is also known as the pre-Mardi Gras celebration, which is all about drinking, dancing, and feasting on the most mouth-watering feasts. Ever since the Portuguese annexation of Goa, the festival has gradually taken on more of a Goan essence and has become grander and of course, merrier.
What To Expect:
Set your expectations way high for the carnival is all set to cross each one of them with complete gusto.
* The celebrations are carried out throughout the state. You can see the streets being covered in a blanket of people singing and dancing with live bands and participating in parades, which go on day in and day out, irrespective of time.
* The streets are adorned with grand balls and lots of lighting to enhance the merry-making mood of the festival.
* There are no entry fees at all. The celebrations are free and open for all to attend.
* There are sports events, parades, people wearing colourful costumes and masks. This is one side of Goa that you can see only if you visit during the carnival.
* FOOD! For every seafood lover or just foodie in general, Goa Carnival is the place where you unleash your Gargantuan appetite and devour the yummiest of authentic Goan delicacies!
View this post on Instagram
???????????? . . . #goacarnival #celebrations #parade #portuguese #crowd #instapassport #goa #india #mapusa #adventure #wanderlust #travel #inspire #roydensindiantour18 #traveler #picoftheday #doyoutravel #traveller #people #instamood #army #worldtravel #soldiers #worldtraveler #king #photooftheday #festival #l4l #f4f #followme
Things To Remember:
First things first, it is common sense that in the place where hotels are almost always fully packed, the rush is going to be absolutely frantic during the Carnival. That is to say, if you plan to go, make accommodation arrangements from way before.
Remember, Goa is, after all, a small place which experiences an immense flurry of tourists at this time of the year, which further puts pressure on the available resources. Make sure you have the best time here, without negatively impacting the place and its people.
View this post on Instagram
Experience dancing troupes, revelers wearing masks and costumes usually, electrifying music which is performed live, sports competitions, floats & parades and hedonistic pursuits like great food and drinking during the Goa carnival. To know more about us visit us at www.simonsholidays.com #SimonsHolidays #IndianTourism #ToursAndTravels #Goa #Travels #TourGuide #Tourists #India #Culture #Cuisine #GoaCarnival #likes #f4f #followforfollow #instafollow #instagood
How To Reach:
Goa is well connected with Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Delhi with flights as well as trains. You can also find buses from Mumbai and Bangalore to Goa.
Related: Can’t Decide Between North & South Goa? Here’s Your Answer!