When stepping out of the cosy, and safe space of your home is not an option anymore, dreams of exploring the world brew up within you. Add in a drizzle of virtual travel and a splattering of gourmet food, and you’ve got what we call #TNLTasteOfTheWorld. Throughout the series, we’ll be getting in touch with chefs from around the world to recreate their signature dishes for you to try at home. After all, who said one needs to leave the house to embark on a culinary trail? Recipe by Chef Vivek Singh
View this post on Instagram
Known for his innovative and modern spins on Indian cuisine, Chef Vivek Singh marries Indian spices and flavours with Western techniques and ingredients with effortless ease. Currently running four restaurants – The Cinnamon Club, Cinnamon Kitchen, Cinnamon Bazaar, and Cinnamon Kitchen Battersea, and one in Oxford, Cinnamon Kitchen Oxford, this British Indian chef also comes equipped with the knowledge of French cooking techniques. Over his long and meritorious career in the culinary industry, he has authored several cookbooks and revolutionised Indian food.
For this episode of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, Chef Singh is set to revolutionise your kitchen next as he teaches you the recipe of Kedgeree – a classic Anglo-Indian dish.
- Smoked haddock
- Hard-boiled egg
- Bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, soak some smoked haddock in milk, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves, and set it aside to poach on medium heat.
- In a separate pan, add oil and cumin.
- Next, add chopped onions and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Now, add chopped chillies and ginger. Mix well.
- While the vegetables cook, gently stir the fish till it starts to flake apart. Leave it aside to cook.
- Meanwhile, once the onions start to change colour, add turmeric and stir.
- Next, add tomatoes, rice, and fish (along with the milk) to the onion. Stir well.
- Once cooked, add hard-boiled eggs, butter, coriander, and a squeeze of lemon.
Related: #TNLTasteOfTheWorld With Chef Sabyasachi ‘Saby’ Gorai: Yakhni Pulao – A Delhi Special Dish