At a time when health has been flung under the spotlight again, a visit to our trusted kitchens can help keep diseases and ailments at bay. Facilitating this trip are the recipe books of famed chefs from across the country, each of whom have torn a page from their handy guides to provide immunity-boosting recipes for us to try at home. Recipe by Chef Natasha Gandhi
View this post on Instagram
A top six contestant of Masterchef India, Chef Natasha Gandhi is all about healthy eating and nutritional binging. As the founder of House Of Millets, Chef Gandhi crafts gluten-free vegan dishes celebrating millets in its myriad forms. Beyond the kitchen, she flips multiple pages in an endeavour to overhaul the future of food—one healthy bite at a time. One such example is her immunity-boosting, multi-purpose red pepper and amla dip.
Red pepper and amla (Indian gooseberry) dip
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 amla (Indian gooseberry)
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Hemp seeds, olives, some greens, and walnuts to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Chargrill or roast the red bell peppers. Once charred, peel the outer black skin and chop the bell peppers finely.
- Take a small mixer and add in the chopped bell peppers, walnuts, olive oil, tomato paste, chilli powder and cumin. Add salt as per taste, and grate in amla as per desired acidity.
- Blend it till a smooth paste is formed.
- Transfer the dip to a plate and garnish with hemp seeds, olives, greens, and walnuts.
The red pepper and amla dip is truly versatile. Eat with crackers; apply on sandwiches; use as pasta sauce along with vegetables like mushroom and cauliflower; or enjoy it as a side dish with marinated fish or tofu, along with grilled vegetables.
Editor’s Note: Keeping the current situation of the pandemic in mind, T+L India recommends every reader to stay safe, and take all government-regulated precautions in case travel at this time is absolutely necessary. Please follow our stories on #IndiaFightsCorona for all the latest travel guidelines.