Virgin reveals most unusual upgrade requests
Published on Jan 10, 2011
The survey revealed that Sir Richard Branson has a lot of "friends" around the world with many passengers dropping his name when looking for an upgrade. "Sir Richard Branson is my friend" and "Sir Richard Branson promised me an upgrade" were the two most common reasons yet the survey also found that some passengers could be extremely creative when looking to gain exclusive access to the front of the plane...
Some of the more unusual tales passengers told to secure an upgrade:
1. Manchester United lost today, I am really upset and need the space to get over it
2. My wife is pregnant; I need an upgrade as it is a really stressful time for me
3. My newborn baby has claustrophobia, she is in counselling and we really need an upgrade so she has more space
4. I am Sir Richard Branson's dentist
5. I have lost all of my money in Vegas but really need an upgrade
6. We are getting married today (the couple turned up in full wedding attire)
7. (At Tokyo check-in) I am a very tall Englishman and need some extra leg room
8. It's a Sunday, no one flies on a Sunday so please can I have an upgrade?