5 Places to Camp in Style
February 4, 2013
Looking for the rustic charm of camping paired with the glamour and comforts of a five star resort? You are not alone–this winning combination is growing in popularity throughout Southeast Asia and has earned itself the portmanteau glamping. Here are a few glamp sites in the region worth checking out.
Hintok River Camp is set on the River Kwai, amid the lush jungle and rolling hills of Kanchanaburi. hintokrivercamp.com.
4 Rivers Floating Lodge is a nature-lover's nirvana, with 12 luxury yurts surrounded by mangroves on the Mekong. ecolodges.asia.
Ever fantasized about being shipwrecked on a private island? Banyan Tree Madivaru is that dream realized, but with lavish tent-villas and personal butlers. banyantree.com/en/maldives madivaru.
Amanwana is the only resort on the island of Moyo, and this protected marine park has some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling in the world. amanresorts.com.
Oberoi Vanyavilas, on the outskirts of the Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve, is a hedonistic hideaway that proves that sometimes more is more. oberoihotels.com.
- 12 Excellent Reasons to Visit Chengdu
- 6 Little Shophouses All in a Row
- 3 Oyster Bars Worth Shelling Out for in Bangkok
- 5 Places to Please Your Fifth Taste
- 4 Trendy Spots to Sip an Espresso in Asia
- 3 Restaurants in Beijing That Duck Tradition
- 8 Must-See Spots in Taipei
- 8 Happening Spots by Bangkok's Riverside
- 10 Chinese New Year Traditions