5 Places to Camp in Style
February 4, 2013
Looking for the rustic charm of camping paired with the glamour and comforts of a five star resort? You are not alone–this winning combination is growing in popularity throughout Southeast Asia and has earned itself the portmanteau glamping. Here are a few glamp sites in the region worth checking out.
Published on Feb 4, 2013
Hintok River Camp is set on the River Kwai, amid the lush jungle and rolling hills of Kanchanaburi. hintokrivercamp.com.
4 Rivers Floating Lodge is a nature-lover's nirvana, with 12 luxury yurts surrounded by mangroves on the Mekong. ecolodges.asia.
Ever fantasized about being shipwrecked on a private island? Banyan Tree Madivaru is that dream realized, but with lavish tent-villas and personal butlers. banyantree.com/en/maldives madivaru.
Amanwana is the only resort on the island of Moyo, and this protected marine park has some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling in the world. amanresorts.com.
Oberoi Vanyavilas, on the outskirts of the Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve, is a hedonistic hideaway that proves that sometimes more is more. oberoihotels.com.
- 5 Experiences Every Traveler in Burma Should Seek Out
- 4 Plush Suites You Won't Want to Leave
- 5 Nightlife Hotspots in Jakarta
- 6 of a Beauty Queen's Top KL Restaurants
- 8 Great Places
- 5 Bangkok Bars You Have to Visit
- 5 Ultimate Running Trails
- 5 Vegetarian Restaurants in Seoul
- 4 Places in Burma You Can't Miss