5 Under-the-Radar Bike Trips
See and cycle the world with these active adventures.
1. MENDOZA, ARGENTINA
Ideal for food and wine lovers, the Mendoza Bike Tour from DuVine Adventures (duvine.com) meanders through the malbecproducing vineyards of Luján de Cuyo and Uco valley, in the Andean foothills.
This island nation is filled with idyllic landscapes, many of which are largely unexplored. Land of Contrasts from Butterfield & Robinson (butterfield.com) follows dirt roads past thatched-roof houses and shrines that line the fishing villages in the Noto Peninsula. Soak in hot springs and visit centuries-old temples.
Thanks to recent political developments, tour operators are offering more itineraries. Backroads has a new Burma Biking Trip (backroads.com) that sets off from Rangoon, passing by stilt-supported villages on Inle Lake, more than 2,000 temples and pagodas and volcanic Mount Popa.
on VBT’s new Cycling Through the Old World (vbt.com), you’ll pedal picturesque country roads flanked by flowers, stopping to sip traditional mead in the village of Sandomierz and to shop at Kraków’s farmers’ market.
Access Trips (accesstrips.com) is offering a mountain-biking adventure through Nepal in May 2013. Amid 6,000-meter-high peaks, you’ll explore unspoiled villages, terraced farms and ancient Buddhist temples.
- 12 Excellent Reasons to Visit Chengdu
- 6 Little Shophouses All in a Row
- 3 Oyster Bars Worth Shelling Out for in Bangkok
- 5 Places to Please Your Fifth Taste
- 4 Trendy Spots to Sip an Espresso in Asia
- 3 Restaurants in Beijing That Duck Tradition
- 8 Must-See Spots in Taipei
- 8 Happening Spots by Bangkok's Riverside
- 10 Chinese New Year Traditions