Hong Kong's Most Adorable Dumplings
The dim sum at this hot Hong Kong eatery is dizzyingly adorable.
Published on Jan 26, 2017
DUCKLINGS, PENGUINS, angry pumpkins: you never know what will march across your plate at The Drunken Pot. This innovative hot-pot spot opened its first branch on Observatory Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, the Drunken Pot is expanding with a Causeway Bay location. The 480-square-meter restaurant looks out over Victoria Harbour, but the dishes are so eye-catching you may have trouble focusing on the view.
The Ultimate Drunken Pot. Courtesy of The Drunken Pot.
The Drunken Penguin steamed buns look like something out of a Pixar cartoon and the Drunken Mon dumplings, molded into pretty pink butterflies, are almost too cute to eat, but go on, take a bite. The filling, consisting of cheese, kimchi, shrimp and pork, is a savory explosion. If you're feeling adventurous, order the signature Ultimate Drunken Pot soup, with five broths: Sichuan, Chiuchow satay, meat-bone tea, fish maw-and-chicken, and the centerpiece—lobster, black truffles and three-cheese broth. thedrunkenpot.com; small plates HK$42–$88.
- Stay Longer in the Lion City with Pan Pacific Serviced Suites
- A Night on the Town in Singapore
- Save on Stays with Hilton Asia Pacific
- The Height of Romantic Luxury at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
- Exquisite Experiences at Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
- Experience Chiang Rai’s Spectacular Balloon Festival
- Studying the Ancient Art of Flower Arrangement in Kyoto
- A Star Vietnamese Chef in Hong Kong
- A Vietnamese Grande Dame Gets a Four Seasons Makeover