Meet Moo Piyasombatkul, One of Thailand's In-Demand Designers
Jet-setting style maven Moo Piyasombatkul has been turning heads with her eye-popping eyewear. By DIANA HUBBELL. Photographed by CHANOK THAMMARAKKIT.
Published on Sep 29, 2015
This Thai designer's future is so bright, she's gotta wear her own shades. With elaborate curlicues and playful porcelain detailing, Moo Piyasombatkul's (mooeyewear.com) ornate frames, both for sunnies and prescription lenses, adorn the visages of style icons like Lady Gaga and Rita Ora. The flourishes in her latest line, Luxe Baroque, reference your eccentric aunt's antiques, but with a modern twist—no wonder they've caught the eyes of bolder fashionistas around the world.
Designer Moo Piyasombatkul in her Luxe Baroque sunglasses.
Every bit as chic and unconventional as her accessories, this Bangkok native is a certified globetrotter. From London, where she earned a jewelry design degree at Central Saint Martins, to fashion-obsessed Seoul, to cruising Istanbul's Grand Bazaar for treasures, she clocks serious air miles. Moo says travel is a major inspiration for her work, favoring Hong Kong and Tokyo as top destinations. "In Tokyo, I love their delicacy in arts and crafts," she says. "Plus, Japanese desserts are so irresistible."
- Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Asia
- Where to Find the World's Cheapest Michelin-Starred Meal in Singapore
- A Groundbreaking Art Gallery Near the North-South Korean Border
- Catching Up with the Star Chefs of Bangkok's World Gourmet Festival
- The Reborn Peninsula Beijing
- Luang Prabang's Best Dishes
- Rangoon’s Coolest New Eatery
- Padma Resort Legian
- Capture the Perfect Underwater Travel Shots with New Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II