Meet Moo Piyasombatkul, One of Thailand's In-Demand Designers
Jet-setting style maven Moo Piyasombatkul has been turning heads with her eye-popping eyewear. By DIANA HUBBELL. Photographed by CHANOK THAMMARAKKIT.
Published on Sep 29, 2015
This Thai designer's future is so bright, she's gotta wear her own shades. With elaborate curlicues and playful porcelain detailing, Moo Piyasombatkul's (mooeyewear.com) ornate frames, both for sunnies and prescription lenses, adorn the visages of style icons like Lady Gaga and Rita Ora. The flourishes in her latest line, Luxe Baroque, reference your eccentric aunt's antiques, but with a modern twist—no wonder they've caught the eyes of bolder fashionistas around the world.
Designer Moo Piyasombatkul in her Luxe Baroque sunglasses.
Every bit as chic and unconventional as her accessories, this Bangkok native is a certified globetrotter. From London, where she earned a jewelry design degree at Central Saint Martins, to fashion-obsessed Seoul, to cruising Istanbul's Grand Bazaar for treasures, she clocks serious air miles. Moo says travel is a major inspiration for her work, favoring Hong Kong and Tokyo as top destinations. "In Tokyo, I love their delicacy in arts and crafts," she says. "Plus, Japanese desserts are so irresistible."
- Stay Longer in the Lion City with Pan Pacific Serviced Suites
- A Night on the Town in Singapore
- Save on Stays with Hilton Asia Pacific
- The Height of Romantic Luxury at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
- Exquisite Experiences at Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
- Experience Chiang Rai’s Spectacular Balloon Festival
- Studying the Ancient Art of Flower Arrangement in Kyoto
- A Star Vietnamese Chef in Hong Kong
- A Vietnamese Grande Dame Gets a Four Seasons Makeover