The Amandira Sets Sail
Aman's new custom-crafted luxury dive vessel will cruise the Indonesian waters around Raja Ampat and Nusa Tenggara. By Diana Hubbell.
Published on Apr 22, 2015
Small wonder that part of its name means "intrepid." Amandira, which makes its splashy debut in April 2015, will offer two voyages, one of which will sail around Raja Ampat, a surrealist waterworld with 75 percent of the planet's known coral species and more than 1,300 types of fish, while the other charts a course through the Nusa Tenggara chain of islands towards Rinca and Komodo, where venomous dragons straight out of Tolkien still dwell. These waters may be rugged, but the journey aboard the 52-meter double-masted phinisi certainly isn't. Custom-crafted by the Konjo tribe, the five-cabin vessel nimbly balances comfort with a genuine sense of adventure. And while the amenities here are plush, the real draw is the ace diving team and equipment, including tanks filled with nitrox, which allows divers to stay immersed in this delirious aquatic landscape for longer. With surroundings this mythical, you may want to just stay in fantasyland.
Amandira: amanresorts.com; voyages from November 11, 2015, to March 13, 2016; five-night Raja Ampat expeditions from US$45,750, double, inclusive of three dives per day, all excursions, airport transfers and meals.
Courtesy of Amandira.
- Vegetarian Fast-food in Hong Kong
- Capture the Magic of Bali with the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
- Seeking Samadhi at JapaMala
- A Whirlwind Cultural Tour of Bangkok
- Hanoi's Ancient Papermaking Tradition
- Luang Prabang's New Botanical Garden
- Brooke Shields Shares Her Travel Tips
- Meet Taichung's Star Chef
- High Style at the Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila