A Sweet Spot in Manila
January 16, 2015
This instant classic offers sugary treats with a touch of sepia-toned 50's nostalgia. By Monsicha Hoonsuwan.
Published on Jan 16, 2015
Don't let that "Prescriptions" sign fool you. The medicine at Manila's opened Farmacy, an old-school soda fountain and ice cream parlor decked out in white honeycomb tiles, comes in scoops, not pills. Its menu is an exercise in decadence: think homemade hazelnut ice cream, guava sorbet, DIY ice cream-cookie sandwiches, and a strawberry ice cream float with blueberry soda. Here you need fear no new flavors, because they stick to classics like chocolate and banana. You can pair that smooth dairy goodness with a sweet-smelling homemade waffle cone or some bubbly drinks custom-mixed by the soda jerks. Just what the doctor ordered. GF, Net Lima Building, 26th St. and 4th Ave., Bonifacio Global City; +63 2 887 3622; facebook.com/farmacymnl.
Homemade waffle cone.
- Experience Chiang Rai’s Spectacular Balloon Festival
- Studying the Ancient Art of Flower Arrangement in Kyoto
- A Star Vietnamese Chef in Hong Kong
- A Vietnamese Grande Dame Gets a Four Seasons Makeover
- A Bold New Gallery in Bangkok
- Introducing the Four Seasons Kyoto
- Hong Kong's Most Adorable Dumplings
- Travel Trends for 2017
- Where to Go in 2017