Perfect Private Island Resorts
July 28, 2014
Sugar-white sands, sea breeze-tousled palms and maybe even a private submarine—these are the kinds of islands on which we'd like to be marooned. By Diana Hubbell.
Published on Jul 28, 2014
The Godfather himself bought this piece of paradise while scouting locations for Mutiny on the Bounty. For more than 50 years, Tetiaroa island was the star's place to get away from it all, and now you too can escape to the 35-villa resort, opening this month. thebrando.com.
Velaa Private Island
Take a break from a hard day at the champagne lounge or golf academy to cruise the Indian Ocean in either a traditional Maldivian bahtheli boat or the resort's two-bedroom yacht. Then explore the underwater world on a private submarine tour of Noonu Atoll. velaaprivateisland.com.
Myanmar Andaman Resort
Through perhaps more more rustic than luxe, the first PADI-certified resort in Burma offers superb diving in the pristine waters of the Andaman and trekking through the jungles of Macleod Island. myanmarandamanresort.com.
Enchanted Island Resort
A mere 10 villas, each with its own infinity pool, adorn this 2-hectare speck of sand in Sainte Anne Marine Park. Not a single tree was chopped in construction—yet another thing to feel good about as you sip cocktails at the Castaway Bar. jaresortshotels.com.
Gem Island Resort & Spa
This eco-oasis in the heart of a marine conservation park is just the spot to kick back after a day of kayaking, diving or checking out the turtle sanctuary. gemisland.com.my.
- Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Asia
- Where to Find the World's Cheapest Michelin-Starred Meal in Singapore
- A Groundbreaking Art Gallery Near the North-South Korean Border
- Catching Up with the Star Chefs of Bangkok's World Gourmet Festival
- The Reborn Peninsula Beijing
- Luang Prabang's Best Dishes
- Rangoon’s Coolest New Eatery
- Padma Resort Legian
- Capture the Perfect Underwater Travel Shots with New Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II