Healthful Havens in Asia
July 22, 2014
Sometimes a little old-fashioned R&R is just what the doctor ordered. You can fill that prescription at these five hot spots to naturally detox and unwind.
Published on Jul 22, 2014
Whip those chakras back into alignment at Shreyas Retreat, Bangalore (shreyasretreat.com), which features all the hatha and ashtanga classes of a traditional ashram with all the comforts —and spa treatments—of an upscale resort.
Shreyas Retreat, Bangalore
Set near Eat Pray Love's Ubud, Fivelements Bali (fivelements.org) offers sumptuous raw cuisine, Balinese-inspired healing rituals, and silent meditation or wellness retreats to inspire relaxation and reflection.
One&Only Reethi Rah (reethirah.oneandonlyresorts.com) employs special lifestyle therapists to help put you on the right track; ayurvedic treatments to reset your internal rhythms; and produce from the garden to up your vitamin intake.
One of Asia's most famous wellness resorts, celeb-fave Kamalaya Koh Samui (kamalaya.com) offers a range of tailored programs designed to help you sleep better, lose weight or just unnwind. New kid in town Parama Koh Chang (paramakohchang.com) has a killer location where you can enjoy free daily yoga classes, super-fresh seafood and all-inclusive spa treatments.
Parama Koh Chang
Get ready for an inside-out rejuvenation at The Farm At San Benito (thefarmatsanbenito.com). Raw dishes complement a full menu of holistic treatments from four licensed doctors, from the fringe (reiki and acupuncture) to the really out there (ozone therapy, intravenous vitamin infusion, and a gallbladder flush).
- Stay Longer in the Lion City with Pan Pacific Serviced Suites
- Save on Stays with Hilton Asia Pacific
- Our Ultimate Guide to Budget Hotels
- Shopping Southeast Asia with Lauren Yates
- Bangkok's Luxe River Cruise
- All of the Rooms in This Melbourne Boutique Are Airstream Trailers
- A Night on the Town in Singapore
- The Height of Romantic Luxury at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
- Exquisite Experiences at Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok