Great Green Escapes in Vietnam and Thailand
January 8, 2014
T+L’s Diana Hubbell checks out countryside getaways that offer green escapes with a sense of style.
Published on Jan 8, 2014
A few years ago, I spent one happy summer holed up in a farmhouse-turned-agriturismo in the Sardinian countryside. The surroundings were starkly beautiful, all rolling fields of pale grass and vast, empty sky, and the simple, elegantly designed guestrooms were a perfect match for the boundless landscape. I’ve never forgotten that place, which might explain why I’m so intrigued by the Toscano Resort Castelfalfi, an 800-year-old Italian village that has been converted into a luxury retreat. Guests can rent stylishly refurbished farmhouses, or stop by to dine at one of the three restaurants serving the local specialty: white truffles.
Closer to home, Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort & Spa, in central Vietnamese hill country, features 17 of the coziest colonial-style villas imaginable. On chilly nights, huddle up next to your very own wood-burning fireplace, soak in your antique clawfoot or head over to the spa.
Thailand’s Khon Kaen retains much of its rustic charm, and I can think of few better ways to enjoy it than by spending a weekend tucked away by the lush gardens at Supanniga Home. Teak wood, local silks and thoughtful design touches only add to the charm.
Image Coutesy of Ana Mandara, Supannika Home
- Stay Longer in the Lion City with Pan Pacific Serviced Suites
- A Night on the Town in Singapore
- Save on Stays with Hilton Asia Pacific
- The Height of Romantic Luxury at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
- Exquisite Experiences at Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
- Experience Chiang Rai’s Spectacular Balloon Festival
- Studying the Ancient Art of Flower Arrangement in Kyoto
- A Star Vietnamese Chef in Hong Kong
- A Vietnamese Grande Dame Gets a Four Seasons Makeover